Search This Website

4/22/21

The new system for toll connections will be:Toll tax to be levied on GPS soon, NHAI invites tenders for technical advisors

The new system for toll connections will be:Toll tax to be levied on GPS soon, NHAI invites tenders for technical advisors








In future, tax will be levied on everyone using GPS i.e. Global Positioning System. The National Highway Authority of India (NHAI) has invited tenders for technical consultants to develop the new system. It will help NHAI to develop this system. Union Roads and Transport Minister Nitin Gadkari told Parliament in March that the existing toll collection system would be completely abolished in the next one year, i.e. the existing toll plaza. Instead a new system for toll collection is being created.

Read in GUJARATI 

Tax will be levied
from GPS Toll tax will be levied through Global Positioning System (GPS) to remove the current system of toll collection. The toll tax will be levied for the number of kilometers under which the vehicle will use the highway. GPS recordings for coming and going on the highway will be made.

Think of it this way that if a driver leaves the highway after traveling 35 kilometers from one point on the highway, he will be charged toll tax for only 35 kilometers. The current system has toll plazas every 60 km and drivers have to pay toll tax for at least 60 km.

aLSO READ 

Now you can easily lock Aadhaar card online at home, know its complete process


Older vehicles will be fitted with GPS for free.
Newer vehicles are being provided by GPS Vibration. Older vehicles have a problem with GPS. Free GPS will be installed in old vehicles from the government for the new system for toll tax collection.

Taste tax to be levied from Fastag
According to the Union Minister, toll tax in the new system will be collected through Fastag. According to the Union Minister, about 93% of the toll tax collection in the country is currently being done through Fastag. The remaining 7% of vehicles paying toll tax in cash will be prosecuted for fastag. According to an estimate, the government is getting Rs 30,000 crore annually from toll tax, which it wants to increase to Rs 1 lakh crore by the end of 2024.

Also read 

All records of Corona shattered:In India, 3.15 lakh cases were reported in a single day, up from 3.7 lakh in the US on January 7


Fastag is mandatory
According to Union Minister Nitin Gadkari, about 93% of vehicles in the country are paying toll through Fastag. But in 7% it is yet to be installed. Toll is doubled when there is no fastag. The central government has made Fastag mandatory on all toll plazas in the country.

No comments:

Post a Comment